Upon return from Congress, Dems plans will benefit the community
I want to make sure our community is up to date with what’s going on in Washington, DC, as Congress returns from its August vacation.
The House is set to vote on the US plan for President Biden’s families. It will be extremely beneficial for communities like ours, and I think everyone should know what it will bring.
Here are five things our community members need to know about the American Families Plan:
1. Prescription drug costs will decrease as Medicare will be able to negotiate drug prices.
2. The universal nursery school will be a reality; new parents will receive 12 weeks of paid leave to help raise their newborns.
3. Two years of community college will be free, giving our children access to higher education that might otherwise be unaffordable.
4. The child tax credit payments that started in July will become permanent and will also make the expansion of the earned income tax credit permanent, meaning low-income families and working people will benefit from reductions. tax.
5. Essential improvements to the infrastructure of our schools will be made.
This plan is just further proof that Democrats are serving our communities. I hope Congressman Comer will support this plan which will help the people of Christian County so much.
Peter C. Macdonald
Chairman, Democratic Christian County Executive Committee